For those who prefer TOSLINK digital optical audio connections between components, this is the top of the line TOSLINK - period!
TOSLINK cables carry digital audio data in the form of light pulses rather than using electricity. Light pulses eliminate distortions caused by capacitance, inductance and resistance present in wire cables.
River Cable TOSLINK is the cable to select for Dolby Digital (Dolby 5.1, 6.1, AC3, Prologic, etc.) DTS surround sound receivers, Blu-ray, DVD, CD and Minidisk players and recorders, Pro Audio cards for Computer Digital Audio workstations, Xbox 360, PS3, Tivo, HDTV, and D/A converters. Compatible with S/PDIF, ADAT, DAW, Dolby Digital, DTS devices using the Toslink optical interface.
TOSLINK for Pure Sound
- Gold plated metal ends, metal ferrule protects fiber - not plastic like all the others
- Metal backshell
TOSLINK for Pure Performance
- Connection loss less than or equal to .05dB
- Attenuation less than or equal to .25dB
- Fiber covered with two outer jackets for durability and to prevent kinking
TOSLINK for Pure Style
- Extreme flexibility with contemporary good looks; bend radius of 17mm or greater